When I got the e-mail from my web designer telling me my site was almost ready and I needed to get my first post written, my initial thought was, “Great! So excited to get going!” The thought that followed a millisecond later was, “Shit. What am I going to write about?”
I figured the first step would probably be to tell you a bit about myself!
My debut novel, a New Adult Contemporary Romance titled Rumor Has It is book one of the Limelight Series and releases February 3, 2014. It follows college graduate, Ellie Wagner, after she’s thrust into the spotlight by a viral video and wants nothing more than to fade into the woodwork. What happens when she starts to fall for one of hip hop’s biggest stars, Mason Nash, and finds the spotlight shining on her brighter than ever? Stay tuned…
I’m a fan of lists, so here’s a bit about me:
- I live outside Toronto, Canada…eh. (Yes, it’s true. Canadians say ‘eh’ A LOT)
- I’m an avid reader of romance. There’s nothing I like more than reading about some hot alpha males whispering sweet nothings. When I’m not in my writing cave I read about two books a week. The thrill of opening a new book and knowing you’ve found a real gem? There’s nothing like it!
- I’m a wife and mommy to two small children which I refer to as Little Miss and Mr. Magoo.
- I own a cat spawned by the devil. Really. He’s as cute as they come but you’ve never met a meaner feline. In retrospect we should have named him, Lucifer. I have the scars to prove it.
- I believe there’s no such thing as too much chocolate. Or popcorn. Or bread. Or potatoes. I fully admit that I’m a sugar and carb addict.
- Of the four of us that make up my family, three of us are Leo’s. Let’s say it together…DRAMA!
- I’m a LOVER of all music! The 1200+ songs on my iPod can attest to the variety of my musical tastes. Hubby and I try to make it a point to travel to a music festival every year and are avid concert goers.
- I may be the world’s worst cook. My poor children. Unless Daddy’s cooking (which he’s forced to do often) they know not to expect much. The other day Little Miss told me her dinner was the best pizza I’d ever made. Sadly, my only part in it’s preparation was to remove the plastic and place it in the oven.
- My name is Elisabeth and I like reality TV. There I admitted it and that’s the first step, right? Yes, I’m a writer and I see the need for scripted shows, but sometimes there’s nothing better than watching one Real Housewife throw down with another one.
- I have a major detest for running. It still boggles my mind that I was on the cross-country team in grade four. Unless David Gandy is at the finish line you won’t find me doing it. Ever. Not sure who David Gandy is? Google him. You’ll be a Gandy girl, too. You can thank me later. 😉
So what can you expect to see here if you visit or subscribe to the posts? Likely some great romance book recommendations, interviews with some fellow indie authors, a few pics here and there of hot guys (why not?), conversations about all things pop culture, contests and more!
If you’d like to be kept abreast (a romance writer can get the word breast in anywhere) of all things Rumor Has It, including cover reveals, releases, contests for subscribers only, please sign-up for my newsletter. I won’t spam you and send you weekly e-mails. Only the important stuff. Pinkie promise (as Little Miss would say.)
For the hell of it I’ve thrown in a gratuitous picture of David because, well…he’s nice to look at. 🙂